Monday, December 3, 2012

HP Proliant DL580 G2 Linux Server

HP Proliant DL580 G2 Linux Server Tube. Duration : 3.15 Mins.


This is my first server, the HP Proliant DL580 2nd Generation. So beautiful I could weep. It needs a rack, I know. All in good time. My primary use that I hope to get out of it is making it into a Linux webserver so that I can host both of my websites from home. No need for storage as I'm already in the process of building my own NAS. Here's some quick specs: Form Factor: 4U CPU's: 4x Intel Xeon 2.8 Ghz processors CPU architecture: i686 Ram: currently 4GB's - Maximum 32GB Hard Drive: 1x 36.4 GB SCSI Drive - 4 slots, hot swappable Graphics: Integrated 6 PCI-X slots PCI 2.2 Compliant 2x 800w power supplies 7x Hot Plug, redundant fans OS: Fedora 15 (KDE of course) Only 70.00 I'm not the biggest fan of KDE 4 just as my own opinion, I thought 3.5 was purely magical. I experimented with Gnome on this machine already and KDE runs SOOOOO much nicer. I probably would have considered an Ubuntu setup, but since this is an i686 architecture, Fedora was the best and pretty much the only option. I searched all over distrowatch and downloaded Ubuntu's server edition from their site, but it wouldn't work in this machine. It kept complaining about the CPU architecture so I went with fedora. I love a Debian based machine, but a Red Hat based system is just as good for me ;) Subscribe, rate and comment. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

Tags:

Thanks To : hitcamera top10 netbook Esay Rack 19 Power Rack Mount

No comments:

Post a Comment